14.6.08

Sunset Beach Trip - Day One

5:00 AM: I am awoken and told to get ready, We leave in a 3 vehicle convoy 20 minutes later. I become fully conscious about 30 minutes later when we stop at a Bojangles outside of Charlotte.

9:30 AM: We Arrive at the Food Lion near Sunset and prepare to spend the remaining part of out day until the Beach House is unlocked at 3:30. After some calamity and discussion over the driving skills of woman I preside in the back seat of a Dodge Caravan for the 30 minute drive to Barefoot Landing.

10:10ish AM: We wander Barefoot landing, eventually get free tickets to the aquarium; spending some time in the AC there.

12:20 PM: We decide to take the slightly less direct way to NASCAR cafe for lunch, I had the Brickyard Burger. Once I settle my tab and tip the waitress we depart on another 30 minute ride back to were the rest of out convoy was parked, a stones throw from a Food Lion.

2:00ish PM: We browse the local used book store looking for gold buried in the shelfs of crappy romance novels. I found a few interesting Orson Scott Card books.

2:50 PM: Big Bird and Rubber Ducky hit the road and manage to slip across the Sunset Bridge right before the Hour, meaning we did not have to stop and wait for the bridge to open and close.

3:00 PM: Nine and a half hours after I woke up, we arrived at the beach house and began unpacking.


Now for pictures:

Capitan Obvious in Socks on the roof.



Major L. Oblivious in front of the sun.



A Sunset at Sunset Beach.



More later, for now a night of sleep and sleeping.

No comments: